Bugabooh

My life, briefly.

January 04, 2005

Brrrrr

Yesterday, with a wind-chill factor of 20 degrees Farenheit, I made the nine mile treck home on my bike. Big mistake. The cold that I have been battling since Thanksgiving (it's really a minor sore throat) has now turned the corner into more dangerous territory. I feel a sick day coming on and I'm not happy. I have no vacation time accrued and that is really depressing. Not that I have a vacation to take, but having it banked feels so nice.

My ride was good aside from the fact that my rear wheel came off the fork when I stopped to call my husband to meet me at the pick-up location. This is not a big deal, really. Only for me, it meant a very humiliating splattering of my body and my bike in the middle of a 76 station lot. I was thankful for the extra winter coverings about my head and face to prevent anyone from seeing how embarassed I was or at least seeing who I was.

In other news, I have decided to embark on a papier mache project for Norah's room. I want to make a sun and a few birds to hang from her ceiling. I'm envisioning a basketball-size (but somewhat flattened) sun with grapefruit sized birds(2). The birds will be brightly colored and all three will have a high gloss finish on them. I need to draw some mock-ups so that I have an idea of how I want them to look because I am envisioning this project going astray on so many levels. Actually, I envision this project turning disasterous the minute I mix the flour and water. When my mother mentioned to me that you could sand the items once dried, I felt a little intimidated by the whole thing. Perhaps I should sew something instead....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home